© 2023 Floors Inc. All rights reserved. Design by Kevin Brown Design
When going through a remodel you may be thinking about the sustainability of the products you choose and how your company of choice makes an effort to be more environmentally friendly.
At Floors Inc. we are committed to doing our share and have implemented a Green Initiatives program taking steps to lead the local Midwestern flooring industry in learning about new environmentally friendly flooring materials and adhesives, and ways to recycle, re-use and re-purpose materials. Focusing on life and the cost of different materials helps us recommend materials that last longer and need to be replaced less often.
In-House Recycling Program
We participate in all the obvious paper and cardboard recycling, as well as coordinate with vendors who recycle reclaimed/used carpet for creating both new fibers, fillers, backers and even energy to power their production facilities.
Some of the ways we recycle products to benefit the community include:
- Donating fresh carpet samples to the Capital Humane Society for bedding at their adoption site. We are proud to support this organization with pallets of carpet to line the temporary homes of their felines as they await their forever homes. The Capital Humane Society is a non-profit organization that relies heavily on the generosity of the public.
- Recycling wooden pallets that are used in the shipping of our products. These will be broken down into pulp and then used as animal bedding for the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
Floors Inc. is a member of the FUSE Commercial Flooring Alliance; an exclusive member-owned network of professional commercial flooring contractors and suppliers located throughout the United States.
Our focus is on waste management, sustainable services, and product reclamation. Through Ecollect™ we promote sustainable business practices throughout Fuse Alliance and our Member companies, taking a holistic approach to the environment and our goal of sustainability. Methods to reduce and eliminate waste and other non-value-added processes that impact our environment are considered throughout any given project.
“Our goal is simple but extremely important – eliminate waste going to landfills.” – FUSE Commercial Flooring Alliance.
As members, we are connected to:
- More than 70 of the best commercial flooring solution providers in the nation
- National Reach with Single-Source Accountability
- Relationships with the most recognized suppliers and manufacturers in the flooring industry
- Environmental responsibility through EcollectTM, our national material collection, and recycling program.
Floors Inc. provides solutions for all phases of your commercial flooring project. We are proud to offer high-quality services and eco-friendly flooring options. Need immediate support or want to learn more about implementing sustainable options into your next project? Give us a call at 402.423.0218 (Lincoln, Nebraska) or 402.597.0611 (Omaha, Nebraska) to speak with one of our representatives today!